This is part of the corgi classic car series
The Jaguar Mark 2 is a medium-sized saloon car built from late 1959 to 1967 by Jaguar in Coventry, England. The outmoded Jaguar 2.4 Litre and 3.4 Litre models made between 1955 and 1959 are identified as Mark 1 Jaguars.
The Mark 2 was a fast and capable saloon in line with Sir William Lyons' 1950s advertising slogan: Grace . . . Space . . . Pace.
Production of the 3.8 ended in the (northern) autumn of 1967. At the same time the smaller Mark 2 cars were replaced by run-out versions named 240 and 340 sold at reduced prices. The 340 was built until the new XJ6 was available in September 1968. The 240 remained available until April 1969.
A popular luxury derivative was fitted with Daimler's own 142 bhp (106 kW; 144 PS) 2½-litre V8. It sold well from 1962 to 1967 as a Daimler 2.5 V8. In late 1967, it was re-labelled V8-250 to match the Jaguar 240. As well as being significantly more powerful than the 2.4-litre XK6, the more modern Daimler engine was lighter by about 150 lb (68 kg) and shorter which reduced the mass over the front wheels and so reduced understeer during hard cornering.
These cars were recognisable by the characteristic Daimler wavy fluting incorporated in the chrome radiator grille and rear number plate lamp cover, their smoothness and the sound of their V8 engine. They were given distinctive exterior and luxury interior fittings.