Diecast metal with plastic parts
The C4 was presented at the Paris Salon in October 1928 . Regarding the B14 , whose characteristics already presented it as a fairly modern model, the C4 put into practice a series of even more innovative solutions with respect to the competition. Using the same manufacturing chain as the B14, its silhouette was modernized and became lower.
The news related to the power of the engine, which increased by 40% at 3000 rpm: the cylinders were cast in a single block and water cooling was carried out by means of a circulation pump. The ignition was also improved with a Delco Remy distributor. The casing of the gearbox was made of cast iron and not aluminum, and the frame was stiffened by transverse beams. It could exceed 90 mph.
The C4 is contemporary to the C6 , the top model in the range. It was named C4 III in the hallof October 1929 , receiving then improvements that had already benefited the C6, such as longer stroke pistons or joints in the cardan . Then the C4F models were launched at the Salon of 1930, and C4G in the Salon of 1931 .