null
×
close
Wide Selection | Worldwide Shipping Ups USPS
✉ sales@awesomediecast.com ✆ +1-561-350-4045
cc-settings-icon Authentic Replicas
cc-gun-icon Precision Diecast
cc-hand-icon Buy Now, Pay Later

Corgi 1:50 1972 Pump Escape Fire Truck: Nottingham Fire Brigade

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
$69.95
SKU:
D7-2-3-355
UPC:
032435973550
5 customers are viewing this product
Corgi 1:50 1972 Pump Escape Fire Truck: Nottingham Fire Brigade

Corgi 1:50 1972 Pump Escape Fire Truck: Nottingham Fire Brigade
$69.95

Associated Equipment Company (AEC) was an English vehicle manufacturer that built buses, motorcoaches and trucks from 1912 until 1979. The name Associated Equipment Company was hardly ever used; instead it traded under the AEC and ACLO brands.

AEC's first commercial vehicle was a lorry based on the X-type bus chassis. With the outbreak of World War I in 1914, AEC's ability to produce large numbers of vehicles using assembly line methods became important in supplying the increasing need for army lorries. AEC began large-scale production of the 3-ton Y-type lorry, commenced in 1916, and continued beyond the end of the war. From then on, AEC became associated with both lorries and buses.

In 1926, AEC and Daimler formed the Associated Daimler Company, which was dissolved two years later. In 1927, AEC moved its manufacturing from Walthamstow to a new plant at Southall.

G. J. Rackham was appointed Chief Engineer and Designer in 1928. He had previously worked for Leyland Motors. His ideas contributed significantly to AEC's reputation for quality and reliability.

From 1929, AEC produced new models: the names of lorries began with "M" (Majestic, Mammoth, Mercury, and so on), and those of buses began with "R" (Regent, Regal, Renown, and so on). These original "M-models" continued in production until the end of World War II. AEC introduced diesel engines across the range in the mid-1930s.

From 1931 to 1938, AEC and English Electric co-produced trolleybuses. AEC supplied the chassis, and English Electric the electric motors and control equipment.

In 1932, AEC took a controlling interest in the British subsidiary of the American Four Wheel Drive (FWD) company, and began to use more standard AEC components in those vehicles. To avoid confusion, these were marketed under the name Hardy. Production ceased about 1936.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is the statutory fire and rescue service covering Nottinghamshire (including the unitary authority of Nottingham) in the East Midlands of England.

The City of Nottingham Fire Brigade and the Nottinghamshire Fire Brigade were created under the Fire Services Act 1947.

In 1974 the two brigades were merged. Since 1998 when Nottingham became a separate local government area, the service has been run by a joint fire authority made up of councillors from Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire County Council.

(No reviews yet)
WEEKLY UPDATES
to top