null
×
close
Wide Selection | Worldwide Shipping Ups USPS
✉ sales@awesomediecast.com ✆ +1-561-350-4045
cc-settings-icon Authentic Replicas
cc-gun-icon Precision Diecast
cc-hand-icon Buy Now, Pay Later
click to zoom in

Corgi 1:50 AEC Regent Bus, Blue 'Bradford City Transport'

1 reviews Write a Review
£23.55
SKU:
B7-3-4-C5997
UPC:
032435105999
5 customers are viewing this product
Corgi 1:50 AEC Regent Bus, Blue 'Bradford City Transport'

Corgi 1:50 AEC Regent Bus, Blue 'Bradford City Transport'
£23.55

Diecast metal with plastic parts

 

Associated Equipment Company (AEC) was an English vehicle manufacturer that built buses, motorcoaches and trucks from 1912 until 1979. The name Associated Equipment Company was hardly ever used; instead it traded under the AEC and ACLO brands.

AEC's first commercial vehicle was a lorry based on the X-type bus chassis. With the outbreak of World War I in 1914, AEC's ability to produce large numbers of vehicles using assembly line methods became important in supplying the increasing need for army lorries. AEC began large-scale production of the 3-ton Y-type lorry, commenced in 1916, and continued beyond the end of the war. From then on, AEC became associated with both lorries and buses.

In 1926, AEC and Daimler formed the Associated Daimler Company, which was dissolved two years later. In 1927, AEC moved its manufacturing from Walthamstow to a new plant at Southall.

G. J. Rackham was appointed Chief Engineer and Designer in 1928. He had previously worked for Leyland Motors. His ideas contributed significantly to AEC's reputation for quality and reliability.

From 1929, AEC produced new models: the names of lorries began with "M" (Majestic, Mammoth, Mercury, and so on), and those of buses began with "R" (Regent, Regal, Renown, and so on). These original "M-models" continued in production until the end of World War II. AEC introduced diesel engines across the range in the mid-1930s.

From 1931 to 1938, AEC and English Electric co-produced trolleybuses. AEC supplied the chassis, and English Electric the electric motors and control equipment.

In 1932, AEC took a controlling interest in the British subsidiary of the American Four Wheel Drive (FWD) company, and began to use more standard AEC components in those vehicles. To avoid confusion, these were marketed under the name Hardy. Production ceased about 1936.

 

 

WEEKLY UPDATES
to top