null
×
close
Wide Selection | Worldwide Shipping Ups USPS
✉ sales@awesomediecast.com ✆ +1-561-350-4045
cc-settings-icon Authentic Replicas
cc-gun-icon Precision Diecast
cc-hand-icon Buy Now, Pay Later
click to zoom in

Corgi 1:50 Atkinson Elliptical Tanker, Blue 'Fina Fuel Oils'

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
$89.95
SKU:
F5-1-3-27201
UPC:
1946600965631
5 customers are viewing this product
Corgi 1:50 Atkinson Elliptical Tanker, Blue 'Fina Fuel Oils'

Corgi 1:50 Atkinson Elliptical Tanker, Blue 'Fina Fuel Oils'
$89.95

This model was produced in 1995

 

Seddon Atkinson Vehicles Limited, a manufacturer of large goods vehicles based in Oldham, Greater Manchester, England, was formed after the acquisition in 1970 of Atkinson Vehicles Limited of Preston by Seddon Diesel Vehicles Limited of Oldham. In 1974, the firm was acquired by International Harvester, which sold it in March 1984 to the Spanish group Enasa which made it a subsidiary of Pegaso. In 1990, it became part of Iveco which used the brand for various types of specialised vehicles in the United Kingdom. The range of models produced included EuroMover, Pacer and Strato, which are aimed at refuse collection, recycling and construction operators.

Iveco announced its decision to manufacture Seddon Atkinsons in Spain in 2005, and shortly afterwards the brand name was incorporated into the mainstream Iveco catalogue. The Oldham manufacturing facilities were shut-down in 2004, and the offices were closed at the end of 2006.

Recent Seddon Atkinson vehicles were readily identifiable from other Iveco products because of the company's former Atkinson logo, a large letter 'A' within a circle, usually in chrome (or chrome-effect) on the radiator grille. The circular Atkinson logo dated from 1937, supplemented by the 'Knight Of The Road' badge between the early 1950s and late 1970.

FINA, Inc. is a medium-sized holding company whose chief operating subsidiary, FINA Oil and Chemical Co., Inc., produces, refines, markets, and transports petroleum products and natural gas, as well as engages in the manufacture and sale of petrochemicals. FINA is one of 166 companies in 34 countries affiliated with Belgium's largest corporation, Petrofina S.A. Established by the Belgian firm in the mid-1950s as American Petrofina, Inc., FINA quickly became an American success story. By 1990 the company achieved significant (10 to 14 percent) shares of the chemical products market with its sales of styrene monomer, polystyrene, and polypropylene, and was building the second-largest polystyrene plant in the world.

When Petrofina S.A. paid $10 million to establish American Petrofina, Inc. (APF) in 1956, it entered its first American business venture. The American company became one of many affiliates of this giant Belgian petroleum refining corporation, headquartered in Brussels. Several Belgians would always serve on APF's board of directors, and the Belgian firm would own the majority of stock. However, the president and CEO of APF would be American, and the company would operate independently. For many years Harry A. Jackson, Jr., would preside over the firm as president, and Walter C. Teagle, Jr., would serve as director of the company until his untimely death four years later. Together they would oversee the crucial early steps of APF that would transform it into a multi-billion dollar petroleum company.

When APF purchased the Panhandle Oil Company, incorporating it in April 1956, the company actually began to manufacture and market petroleum and natural gas. Panhandle had been a minor oil company based in Texas, but with diverse holdings in oil wells and natural gas reserves. Until oil was discovered in Alaska, the Southwest was the richest oil-producing region in the United States. The 1950s also were characterized by the discovery of vast natural gas deposits in Texas and Louisiana that would become an important energy source, as the gas was piped to all regions of the country. With ample cash flow, Jackson and Teagle negotiated the acquisition of the American Liberty Company of Dallas, which took place in January 1957. The American Liberty Company also was a small but diverse petroleum company which held significant natural gas reserves. After these purchases, APF's total assets stood at $88 million.

 

 

 

 

(No reviews yet)
WEEKLY UPDATES
to top